Apply for the Apprenticeship
Thank you for your interest in DCI’s Apprenticeship program. The application will take 15 minutes to complete. Once you submit it, we’ll review and respond within 5 business days.
Digital Creative Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Opportunities that Previous Apprentices Landed
>> Data Engineer Apprentice
Are you passionate about data and technology? Would you like to be on the forefront of innovation, working in a fast-paced environment with the resources of an established brand? Then you might be a perfect fit at one of our partner company’s offices in Dallas, Charlotte, Seattle, Atlanta, or Chicago.
In the role of Data Engineering Apprentice, you will be providing support to consulting and technical teams across various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will play a critical role by contributing to the knowledge management process while interfacing with internal teams to ensure high-quality deliverables.
What is the Apprenticeship experience like?
As a way to accelerate your growth, you’ll participate in DCI’s Data Analyst Apprenticeship Program remotely while working at a partner company. Prior to the apprenticeship program start date, you’ll receive three months of in-demand skills acceleration, coaching, and interview preparation in the Pre-Apprenticeship program which is also remote.
As an apprentice, you’ll start in a cohort of 10+ apprentices and complete the program over 12 months where you can earn 24 college credit hours to transfer towards a bachelor’s degree online. *(select colleges apply)
You’ll attend remote evening sessions twice a week where you’ll dive deep into all things data including business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, python, coding, and data mining. You’ll complete milestones along the way like earning data certifications to validate your skills, module portfolio projects, etc.
You will also receive support from top industry coaches and mentors to progress through your personal and professional goals, skills roadmap, while also demonstrating new knowledge and competencies through hands-on application with your portfolio project.
Furthermore, DCI’s Data Analyst Apprenticeship Program is an official registered apprenticeship recognized by the Department of Labor (DOL). Every graduate of a Registered Apprenticeship program receives a nationally-recognized credential from the DOL.
Because we understand that you’re just beginning your career, we’re committed to your learning and growth. We’re seeking candidates who have the following requirements.
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Adventurers needed. You’ll have the opportunity to be placed in one of our partner company’s offices in Dallas, Charlotte, Seattle, Atlanta, or Chicago.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with programming languages (Python, Java, SQL, R, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, especially creating/ maintaining Excel spreadsheets
- High level of attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to accurately sort and analyze data
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing
- Must be willing to learn additional data engineering and analytics toolsets
- Architect, design and detail processes
- Troubleshoot issues, document process, review checklists, and develop a reference implementation
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Support technical team deployment with activities to ensure a smooth go-live of new processes, products, or systems
- Understand the existing system and processes to document
- Reverse knowledge transfer to document the process of support and maintenance
This job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. You should be able to communicate by telephone, email, or face to face. Travel may be required based on job requirements. Adventurers needed. You’ll have the opportunity to be placed in one of our partner company’s locations throughout the US.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
>> Digital Marketing Apprentice
This role is for early-career marketers or marketers who want to accelerate their careers by building their experience and professional skills. All while working a full-time digital marketing job in Texas! In addition to receiving support finding and applying for jobs with priority access to all of our partner employers, you’ll also participate in DCI’s Digital Marketing Apprenticeship Program.
You’ll attend evening sessions twice a week to gain skills and certifications, work on portfolio projects, and receive coaching and mentoring from industry experts to accelerate your marketing career. As an apprentice, you’ll dive deep into all things marketing including marketing automation, strategy, PPC, analytics, data visualization, social media, web development, and content marketing.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship at its core is rooted in the idea of transformational and continuous learning. An apprentice in the 21st century learns an art or trade through hands-on, practical experience with the feedback and support of an expert. Additionally, apprentices learn highly marketable skills and are trained to view their work as a specialized craft that adds value to an organization, rather than just a job.
Furthermore, DCI’s Digital Marketing Apprenticeship Program is an official registered apprenticeship recognized by the Department of Labor (DOL). Every graduate of a Registered Apprenticeship program receives a nationally-recognized credential from the DOL.
What is the DCI experience like?
As a way to accelerate your growth, prior to the apprenticeship program start date, you’ll receive three months of FREE in-demand skills acceleration, coaching, and interview preparation in the Pre-Apprenticeship program.
As an apprentice, you’ll start with a cohort of ten apprentices and complete the program over 12 months. You will also receive support from top industry coaches and mentors to progress through your personal and professional goals, skills roadmap, while also demonstrating new knowledge and competencies through hands-on application with your portfolio project.
You’ll complete milestones along the way like earning digital certifications to validate your skills, module portfolio projects, individual portfolio projects, while also working with other apprentices to participate in on-going training and development focused on your professional and technical skills.
Best of all, you are a contributing member of your cohort team, putting forward ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how you will make the apprenticeship experience your own all while applying what you learn weekly in your new role.
- BS/BA in English, journalism, PR, advertising, marketing or a related field
- 1+ years writing, content creation, social media experience is preferred
- 1+ years of work experience in marketing or advertising preferred
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills with work samples preferred
- Some experience with Google Analytics and web technologies preferred
- Strong commitment to personal growth and professional development
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with other team members
We are not able to sponsor work visas. Military experience/service is greatly valued and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Digital Creative Institute will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Digital Creative Institute will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.